Monday, June 27, 2011

Menu Monday and Other Musings

Hello! I hope you had a great weekend! We spent the weekend doing laundry, grocery shopping, measuring closets, and looking at blogs, catalogs, and magazines for organization inspiration.

Mr. Beach and I went to the grocery store yesterday and had a nice time together. Sort of a mini-date. It was a nice relaxing time together.

I have a better idea of menus this week, but still looking through some recipes to try out. Here's our Menu:

Monday: Grilled chicken, bow tie pasta w/ jarred alfredo sauce, salad
Tuesday: Enchiladas (trying out a recipe I found on a blog)
Wednesday: Leftover grilled chicken, baked potatoes, broccoli
Thursday: Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, bread
Friday: Eat out Friday
Saturday: Clear out the leftovers!
Sunday: Breakfast for supper (pancakes, eggs, grits, bacon - whatever anyone wants)

Last week, my menu planning went out the window by Tuesday night. I had a bad headache for 2 days (I think it was due to sinuses/allergies). I hope to do better with the menu plan this week.

Musings for the day. I am really inspired by so many others out there in the blog world. I have joined Pinterest and have had a great time finding new inspiration for organizing, paint colors, decorating, and remodelling. I am also finding a lot of inspiration from minimalist blogs. I don't think I can be a true minimalist, but I'm trying to get rid of things I don't use, love, or enjoy. I'm going to post some pics of my "in progress" organizing process for the downstairs soon. I just have to upload them.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll try to have more posts this week.

Have a great week!

Toni

1 comment:

  1. Hi Toni! :) I'm so glad you like my laundry room...I swear I'm in LOVE with it. (is that weird?!) lol I would be happy to tell you the paint color! It's from Lowes Valspar collection and it's called Tropical Mist..the number is 5002-7A. (not sure you'll need the number if you can just find the name of it, but there it is just in case) :)
    I wish I could menu plan for the week, but I seem to just think of things the day before and start thawing! lol :) Hopefully I'll get a wee bit more organized in that dept. You'd think as organized as I am in every other area, I could get a weekly menu planned....NOT! Oh, you said you had joined pinterest...if you're interested here's my pinterest name..I've found some great pics out there if you'd like to re-pin any of them. :)
    http://pinterest.com/missythorn/
    Have a great week
    Missy :)

    ReplyDelete