Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday update

Hi, everyone!

Well, I was hoping to be better today, but I'm still not doing too well. My husband was out of town this week, so I was a little spazzy about being so sick and alone with the kids. We have a wonderful group of friends and several offered to help out and one brought over a "get well" gift.

Last night (Wednesday), I thought I might have to go to the ER. I called my doctor's answering service and asked to speak to him. I was having pressure in my chest and nausea. While I was waiting for him to call back, I discovered I had not taken my blood pressure and cholesterol medication on Monday or Tuesday night. I immediately took them. The doctor was very reassuring and told me that he didn't think I needed to go to the ER, because there was nothing on the EKG on Monday to indicate that there was anything wrong with my heart. I took 2 Ibuprofen, the Zofran (anti-nausea medication), and the antibiotic. I started feeling a bit better.

My wonderful husband took an earlier flight this morning to be home to help me. He also cancelled his trip to Alabama with our church this weekend to help with rebuilding from the tornadoes. He arrived around lunch time and I am very relieved to have him here.

Today, I have had a headache that comes and goes and I think my nausea has progressed to heartburn. I'm calling the doctor tomorrow to see what I can take to help alleviate it that won't interact with my other medications. To be honest, my fear is that I am going to have a heart attack and leave behind my wonderful husband and beautiful children. I keep praying and asking God for peace and to help me with my worries, but it's been hard for me to find peace right now.

Please continue to keep me, as well as my family, in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much and I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

Love,

Toni

1 comment:

  1. Toni, I really hope you are feeling better today.
    Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I have had High Blood Pressure since I was 24 and can understand the worry that comes when you feel something is not right. I will be praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete