Monday, October 24, 2011

Menu Monday and Other Musings



Well, hello there! I know it's been a long time since I last posted and I'm sorry for that. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes, thoughts and prayers. I am doing much better. After several tests, everything showed up as normal. I'm still trying to eat small meals like the physician's assistant suggested and that helps. I have totally cut out Diet Coke (3 months and going strong!) and limit my coffee intake to 1-2 cups a week. If I get a soft drink when we go out to eat, I get Sprite. Yay for decreasing caffeine and increasing water!


Here's my menu for the week:

Monday: Leftovers from the big Sunday meal (roast beef, mashed potatoes, homemade mac & cheese, green beans, Alexia French rolls)

Tuesday: Grilled pork chops with McCormick's Montreal Steak marinade, rice, gravy, broccoli

Wednesday: Soup (whatever is in the cabinet) and sandwiches (grilled cheese, chicken, or ham)

Thursday: Steak with McCormick's Montreal Steak marinade, baked potatoes, salad

Friday: Eat Out Friday (my mom and aunt are coming into town! Can't wait to see them!)

Saturday: Chicken wings, chips, dip, tostito's, salsa, celery (our usual fare on Saturdays for watching football)

Sunday: Leftovers or Breakfast for supper (pancakes, eggs, bacon, or whatever the masses want!)

I mentioned McCormick's Montreal Steak marinade a couple of times above. My husband and I love this stuff! It's wonderful on steaks and pork. It comes in a packet and you add water, oil, and vinegar to make the marinade. Check it out next time you decide to grill steaks!





Here are a couple of our favorite McCormick's marinades for chicken:







Musings: Loving the fall weather and the changing leaves around here. It's so pretty and I love watching college football every weekend with my husband (no, it's not a joke! I really do love watching football!). My daughter's acting class and play are over, so we're looking forward to some weekends hanging out around the house and getting some projects done.

I've been on an organizing/minimizing kick lately. I fluctuate between wanting to get rid of everything and trying to save sentimental stuff and get more organized. Hopefully, I can strike a happy medium somewhere. I am trying to be more mindful of my purchases on everything from personal care items to decorations. I'm going to post pictures of some organization that my husband helped me with over the summer.


I'm linking up to Laura's blog, I'm An Organizing Junkie for her Menu Plan Monday.


Thanks so much and I hope everyone has a wonderful week!



Toni

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That all sounds delicious! I'm making fajitas using the baja citrus marinade - I love that one! It's so good with chicken :)

    Stopping by from MPM

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog :)
    Let`s follow each other sweetie!

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete